Deep tissue massage fanatics often ask for more pressure than the therapist is able to consistently provide. Well, with Ashiatsu, we have the potential of applying our entire body weight when appropriate – can’t get much deeper than that! (And a true lady never reveals her weight or shoe size, so please don’t ask!) If you are looking for a massage deep enough to relax every fiber of your being, THIS IS IT! It can be very deep and yet feel astonishingly relaxing. You will lie comfortably on a massage table with traditional draping and our therapists will use soft, clean feet to massage muscle fibers with oil and lotion. Bars are used above our therapist’s head for support and balance.
60 min $95
90 min $130click here to see a video
Ashiatsu contraindications (AKA, not allowed!)
- If you don’t like deep pressure during your massages.
- If you weigh less than 130 pounds.
- If you are under 18 years old.
- If you are a woman that is pregnant or trying to get pregnant
- If you’ve had breast implants within nine months
- If you’ve had recent eye procedures/Lasik surgery within 72 hours
- If you have a history of Tuberculosis, thrombosis, aneurysm, or ongoing kidney disorders.
- If you are currently going through radiation therapy treatments.
- If you’ve had any knee, hip, spine, shoulder, or major joint surgeries within 6 weeks
- If you have phlebitis or cellulitis
- Any Autoimmune Disorders (such as lupus, gout, rheumatoid arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, etc) and Lyme disease
- If you are currently taking any blood thinners, pain killers, or muscle relaxants
- If you have uncontrolled high blood pressure or heart condition
- If you have a pacemaker, stint or shunt
- If you’ve had a rib or any bone fracture/break within 6 months
- If you have Osteoporosis
- If you have spondylolithesis
- If you have Guillian-Barre’ Syndrome, any neuropathy, or any neurological disorder that causes loss of sensation or muscle weakness
- If you have been on a plane flight longer than 6 hours within the last 24 hours prior to your massage appointment.